Chevrolet 4 Cylinder
Chevrolet 6 Cylinder
Chevrolet Small block V8
Chevrolet Big block V8
Chrysler Dodge Plymouth |
Ford 4 Cylinder
Ford 6 Cylinder
Ford 8 Cylinder
How to get your old longblock engine ready for shipping to us, so we can remanufacture it and send it back to you.
1. Get a pallet at least as pretty as this one. If you buy one, don't pay more than $6. Go around back of stores and factories and ask the nice man if you can have one. They usually want to get rid of them. Pallets are usually 40 or 48 inches wide. The pallet must be at least 32" wide from runner to runner to fit on forklifts after it leaves your place.
2. Get straps or chain or rope or banding or heavy gage baling wire and a couple of dozen 16 penny nails or 2 1/2" to 3" screws. This set of four straps came from Sam's Club and was about $13. We will send them back with the fresh engine...ummm usually.
3. Cut six 2X4 pieces the same length as the pallet is wide.
5. Nail the remaining 2X4's on top,
piggyback style. Your two short stacks of 2X4's support the engine block
by the oil pan rails on the sides. Some big block engines may need the
2X4's placed a bit farther apart.
6. Set the engine in the new cradle... and band,
strap, rope or wire the engine around the middle of the engine and
diagonally across the center runner under the pallet.
8. Print 3 copies of the freight bill we fax or e-mail you and tape one to the top of the cardboard for use as an address label. If it doesn't stick (cold, wet, etc.), put the label in a Zip Lock baggy and Zip Tie to the engine.
9. Contact us at 415-738-7388 or email@example.com before 1 PM, and our customer service representative can try to get a pickup the same day, or you can call after 1 PM for a pickup the following day.
10. Hand the truck driver the two freight bills and get one back from him with his signature and a tracking sticker on it.
11. Now, you have to get the engine on the
48 inch tall truck bed using one following methods.
D. Order lift gate service through Laura. The truckers charge $40 for
liftgate service and another $40 for residential delivery.
Phone or e-mail most of your questions at once and tell us right up front what seaport you want it sent. The European style of using 25 e-mails for 25 questions can cause confusion. Ten e-mails in two different languages, will result in 3 different interpreters and tragic misunderstandings.
Please try to have an English speaking technically minded left brained guy helping you with the order.
Ocean freight including the overland USA part, USUALLY runs between $450 and $600 USD and ship time to most of Europe is approximately 18 days, same as Australia and most other places. Airfreight is about a week. You must pick it up at a seaport or airport terminal. If you are handling the overseas part, estimated land transport to American ocean ports for export on a treated export pallet is $147.50 for East Coast, $197.50 West Coast.
Engine crating for overseas
used to be $85, but temporarily, it's free, at least until we run out of plastic
crates, that means, subject to change at any time.
Call 1-800-575-6998/1-443-451-5139 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
assumes responsibility for unforeseen additional expenses and risk
outside the USA. Costs incurred in returning an
incorrect application or warranty repairs or anything else, for that matter, are
not covered. However, insurance is
available that covers shipping costs in the event of a defective
engine warranty claim or incorrect application. The price is 25% of the
estimated round trip cost and is paid in advance.
Remanufactured Engine Ground Shipping prices within the the USA
Whether you ship your engine to us for remanufacture or we ship to you first or on an exchange basis, shipping is $----- each way for gasoline engines under 364 cubic inches and $---- for eight cylinder gasoline engines over 364 cubic inches to business locations or terminals in the United States except the following Eastern and Western states . *CA, NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, AZ add $-- to shipping price above. WA, OR add $--, Oahu add $--. Guam add $-- . Buying outright is OK with us. Just add the core deposit.
Shipping time estimates for USA and possessions
These are just estimates. E-S-T-I-M-A-T-E-S
Freight is shipped nonexpedited which means they can take up to a month to lose it find it, lose it and find it again. Want a tracking number? Don't bug us about a tracking number until it's 5 days overdue past the figures below. 25 minutes on hold and four long distance phone calls to find out an engine is on a truck is silly.
SO..When it's 5 d-a-y-s o-v-e-r-d-u-e
call us and we'll get right on it.
To estimate the total number of days it will take for the engine to be trucked to us, for us to custom remanufacture it, and then ship it back to you, double the number of days listed below next to your state, then add the quoted figure for remanufacturing time**.
better than rebuilt remanufactured engines to Alabama, Alaska, American
Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia,
Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky,
Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota,
Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New
Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern
Mariana Islands, Ohio,
Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South
Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington,
Washington D.C., West
Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Alberta, British Colombia, Manitoba, New
Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia,
Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan,
Yukon, - and the world. 2006 2005
2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994
1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987
1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980
1979 1978 1977 1976 1975 1974 1973
1972 1971 1970 1969 1968 1967 1966
1965 1964 1963 1962 1961 1960 1959
454 marine longblock
500 hp marine 502 turnkey with closed cooling.